Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Story I Had To Write For A Dare.

     I can't believe it. Today is the day. I finished taping the bag and stood up. "Last one done," I looked like I just succeeded in completing a game of chess. Proud. I felt arms slip around me and I jumped some.  I felt someones head rest on my shoulder and whisper in my ear, "Hey Babe." I eased into his touch, almost melting in his arms. "Hey." Looked over my shoulder to kiss his cheek. He let go of my waist and I turned around, "Can you believe it? We're actually moving into our house today!" I'm so excited I can't express the joy into any form of language. French was not beautiful enough, Japanese not written well enough, Russian not spoken heart fully enough. He hugged me, his arms around my waist again. I smiled, "That was the last box, ready to load them in the car?" He nodded and we began moving room to room, loading up our cars. When we each had a load full, we started to drive down to our new place. It was a small house, but nice. It was a beautiful navy blue, with light tan trimming. The door was a pale sky blue. I felt another smile rise up onto my face as we stopped in the driveway. All ours, I thought, all ours. I took out my key and walked to the door. I could hear Jack shuffling around with boxes. I slipped the key in the lock, and turned it. I entered our new home and nearly fainted. It was so perfect, everything all nice an clean. Jack had known I really wanted this place, and surprised me with it on my birthday. He already moved most of our stuff in. I propped the door open, and began to help him with boxes. As we got the last box, I sighed with pleasure. This is our new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment