Sunday, November 27, 2011

Black Stars (May never finish)

  It was dark, black. I looked through the night sky. The only source of light was the, bright, full moon. The stars were gone. They had been for years. I remembers what they looked like, bright and shining. I imagined the stars when I heard a thump. It came from my room. I quickly went inside to see my family's spell book on the floor, opened to a page with the stars mapped on it. I looked around, seeing if someone or something made the book fall. I was alone, and no breeze or draft in my room. 
  I picked up the book and inspected the page. It had more than just stars, it had moons, and planets marked on it too. I read the page more. I reached the bottom and gasped. There was the spell of darkness. It was told that it was the reason the stars are gone. I brushed my white hair out of my face. My blood red eyes widened as I continued to read. It not only had the spell of darkness, it also contained the instructions on how to use it and... the next page was ripped out. I was hoping for something, like a way to fix the star; though childish of wishing. 
  I heard another thump behind me, I turned. Another book had fallen. Than another, and another. All my books were flying off their shelves. I closed the book and began to run. Right before I ran out of the door, I turned around to and saw a small boy's shadow standing in between my bookshelves. A purple, evil, grin was the only detail in his body. I screamed and ran off, through the hallways of Castle Black. I finally reached my younger brother's room, knocked and entered. He was dead asleep. I laid on the couch and feel asleep, using the book as a pillow.
  I woke from a slight poke to my side, then another. I slowly opened my red eyes to see my younger brother, Zen.
  "Zero...? What the heck are you doing in my room?"
  I groaned, "Come with me and you'll see." I got up, still holding the book. 
  We left his room and walked to mine, while we were walking I explained what happened to me last night. When I opened the door though, my room was spotless of books, all in order of how I kept them. All, except one that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment