Sunday, August 26, 2012

I AM poem for English class.

I AM 

I am the equality seeker 

I wonder whether we’ll ever be equal 

I hear the cries of mistreated people 

I see the wounds of victims from this battle 

I want equilibrium within the human ranks 

I am the equality seeker 



I pretend that this won’t end with venomous disputes 

I feel the sorrow held inside ourselves 

I touch their hearts in hope I can heal them 

I worry if this will end in war within our people 

I cry away my pain of all this misery 

I am the equality seeker 



I understand this will take time in our nation 

I say we deserve equality within our people 

I dream of the day that we are all equal 

I try to fight for our rights the best that I can 

I hope that one day we will all be equal 

I am the equality seeker

No comments:

Post a Comment