Friday, August 10, 2012

So far on the redo of Tokokyohi~

May I just say, the Tokokyohi and during School/Hangout are different time lines. Later they meld into a similar one. Gibran and Zeta are not the only ones who will have first person in this story. They are just the main ones for their timeline. 

Tokokyohi 

     We were running; sprinting away from the Altair, an enemy gang. Alice took lead and headed for the sewers. Right before I went inside I armed myself with a baton and a flash light. “Alice,” I said, “I think they’re following us.” “Agreed,” She said in a whisper, “Turn all light off.” I did as told. Now it was completely pitch black. We heard footsteps coming closer, than halt. “Alice, Zeta?” The shadowed figure spoke, “It’s me, Rani.” We turned our flash lights back on to see Rani in front of us. “I-I thought you were one of the Altair,” I stammered. I was still shaken by the last couple days. I looked at her, her dark brown hair was pulled up and her pale skin contrasted with the darkening surroundings. I looked at Alice, she was smiling, but behind it I could tell she was worried about my health. I had been inside the Altair’s base for over a week now. If it wasn’t for the fact I lived alone, my parents may have sent out an amber alert. The faint echo of footsteps could be heard behind us and I spun the baton in my hands. “Homo infirmus est sed fortis est populus.” Alice and Rani nodded as we prepared for what will most likely be a fight.

||Days Earlier|| 
||School: Gibran|| 
     I was sitting at the lunch tables when I was hugged from behind. “Hey Lissa, how are you?” “Hey bro,” She spoke in a happy tune. “Why so happy?” Lissa released me from her grip and sat next to me. “Cause I can come over this weekend, silly. Don’t you remember inviting me?” “Oh, must have slipped my mind,” I said jokingly. “Don’t sound so excited,” She said sarcastically. “Got it, but really, it’ll be fun,” I chuckled. Tomorrow is Friday, my second to favorite day. Little did I know was that tomorrow would be the day I meet the man who flips all of my worlds upside down. 

||Tokokyohi: Zeta|| 
     I was sitting in front of my desk, feet on the table, when I heard a crash from the kitchen. I grabbed my collapsible baton and ran towards the resonating sound. I stopped dead at the door. Two males were standing at one end; a metal pan next to one’s foot. Through the whole scene I was calm; I didn’t budge or make eye contact to challenge them. “How did you enter this base?” I stated. “We followed you,” One grunted, he was tall and bulky. I turned my gaze to the other; he was short and didn’t seem to big a threat. “I meant as in, how exactly did you enter into the base?” Their masks had birds on it, the signature of the Altair. The smaller one’s mask seemed to have a hawk on it, “Why should we tell you? We may need it for a future date.” His voice was kind of, nice sounding. Suddenly the bigger of the two lunged at me with a fist raised. I leapt backwards and readied myself for the next assault.
     I grunted when I saw the many broken tiles under him, “Strong one, aren’t ya?” He got up and lunged at me, I side stepped, spun my baton and hit him behind the knee. He leaned forward some from the impact and I elbowed him right in the back. With that, the hulk of a male crumpled onto the floor. I glanced over when I saw movement in my peripherals. The other boy took out a small box-like gun and pointed it at me. “Well then,” I coughed awkwardly at this stand still. The smaller male took no time in pulling its trigger. I lost control of all body control. I collapsed, quivering, and saw the two looking over me. 
     “That wasn’t as hard as the boss said it would be,” the smaller boy stated in his melodic voice. The bulky male looked at the other, “What now?” “Now, we make him swallow Rose’s little pill,” the petite male said, was he smiling under his mask? I stuttered, but got my words out, “Ubicumque sum ego redeo semper patriae.” They looked at me strangely as if I had spoken gibberish, then the bulkier pinned my head down and opened my mouth. The smaller male straddled my chest and said, “Bon appétit.” He took something from a vest pocket and dropped it in my mouth. The larger male snapped my mouth closed as I struggled to release myself. I could feel the pill dissolving in my mouth and refused to swallow. But soon, I felt my instincts kick in, and I swallowed to not suffocate myself. I looked at the two in horror through my mask. As they kept me pinned down, I could feel myself slowly losing my grasp on the world, fading into nothingness, mere dreamless sleep. Drugged sleep.

||School: Gibran|| 
     Lissa and I were dragging ourselves to home room when I noticed a kid in the school yard talking to one of the aids. He was kind of cute, and looked new from the way the aid pointed out the buildings. “Hey Lissa, who’s that?” I stared at the boy, he was short in stature, light brown short hair, and was wearing a green, vintage style, T shirt. He smiled at the aid and turned my direction. What a sight I must have been, standing still, mid motion, gawking at him. I quickly turned my head away and began to catch up to Rachel, who upon deciding that I a helpless flirt, left me. When we got to room 105 we slipped inside and sat at our desks, chatting about the usual stuff. Soon enough though, our happy chatter ended when the mysterious boy entered the room. He didn’t seem to notice me, or ignored my existence if he did. Walking right up to the teacher, he must be explaining the usual new student lingo. Mr. Ellis laughed whole heartedly, “You can take a seat next to Gibran. Mr. Isaacs, please raise your hand here for young Mr. Atrum.” I looked at Mr. Ellis with dismay, but none the less raised my hand. The boy looked perplexed, as if deciding if sitting next to me was a good idea. He must have decided either it wasn’t that bad, or that it would be strange to ask if he could sit elsewhere.
     It felt awkward, more so than usual. I was used to getting partnered with Jordan. But now we have an even class, and she has been partnered with Chris. I looked at him awkwardly. He was giving us some time to look over yesterday’s homework, but I already looked over it with Lissa when we did it together. Maybe this would be a good time to get to know him? “Erm, I’m Gibran. Gibran Isaacs.” I gave a half smile with this and reached my hand out to shake his. He shook mine back an introduced himself, “Spence.” He let go of my hand and we shared the silent moment again. I was about to start the conversation again when he asked me, “Why were you staring at me earlier? That was you, right?” I looked down and rubbed the back of my head. “Well, kinda, I mean,” I trailed off awkwardly, trying to straighten my thoughts, “I kinda just noticed you. I didn’t recognize you, is all. Guess I was trying to figure you out, sorta.” He chuckled and we started to converse. By the end of class it felt like we were old friends, the only problems was that this ‘old friend’ of mine was really attractive.
     “So what are your other classes, man?” I looked at him as he read his schedule. He handed it to me as we walked out of class. “Next is Adv. English 2, then you have Geometry, and finally French 2 for seventh period,” I trailed off before looking at his A day classes, “Aerobics, History, Art, and French 2 again. Looks like you’ll be stuck with me every class except art, man.” I laughed some as he took back his schedule, “Well then, I’m glad we got on a good start together.” He smiled as Lissa caught up to us. “So what’s my little bro harassing you about right now?” She said jokingly. I introduced them before she went to her A.P. Calculus class. She may not act like it in person, but Lissa was one of the smarted people I knew. I showed Spence around the school some during break before taking him to our English class and introducing him to our teacher, Mrs. Watson. He was very impressed by her last name, which the whole class joked about. Soon the bell rang and he sat in his seat across the room.
     “Now everyone, we’re going to read our examples of this piece, starting with Mr. Isaacs.” I glanced around, a fleeting hope she’d pick someone else gone. I stood up and looked at the class, but note book in my hands, open in front of me. “And so the night sky fell dark as he continued traveling from his forsaken home. All was lost for him, his life forever changed by these sudden events. Will he ever be able to regain his lost honor, and return to the castle he called home? Nay, I think not. He must forget the luxurious past of his, and look towards the harsh future that lays ahead, a path many would never even grasp in attempting to walk. This man was not scared or afraid. He was aware of the hardships, ready to defeat any challenge which heads his way, and last of all, regain the lost family which can never be forgotten in his eyes. This man is one of honor and disgrace, for he was a man of light, dropped into the abyss this life has to offer him. The shadows will not yet consume his soul, for when that day comes, he may lay down his sword an arms. He may rest for eternity, as the shadows consume the body that once held such a noble soul.” I looked around at my fellow classmates, some gawking. I glanced at Spence as I sat down. His look was of pure astonishment, awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment